Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh, that You would reign

By adding up the events of previous blogs, I believe it will be easy to convey the overwhelming sense of reality which has been knocking on my door each morning as I wake up and face new life here.

I love it here, I really do. I love climbing up a hill, as I did on Saturday, and being able to see the southern part of La Paz as a whole. With a view such as this, I believe I can almost feel the very heartbeat of God as it falls over the city.

Yet, I must admit, as I stood in church this morning singing the words, "Take your place here, God," I was hit with the emotion of all that has happened over the past few weeks. Grieving over the loss of the physical presence of my Grandmother and not being able to stand alongside my family through it all, realizing I am a foreigner yet again and will be faced with that for months to come, knowing I have responsibilities at a job in which I have been called to disciple little children with the goal of excellence as the Lord would have me to....it is a lot to process.

So, when I cry out to God and ask Him to take His place, I am in essence asking Him to sit back on the very throne which I, in my selfishness, have stolen from Him through the sin in my life. What I was reminded of is this: God has His place here in La Paz. He was, is, and will always be. He has been working here and will continue to do so, in order that hearts may know Him and He may be glorified. What is even more humbling is the fact that He invites me into this work. I may have come here with a made up agenda to conquer the world, but He simply invites me to come along and be about my Father's work here.

In all of this, I believe His purposes are not limited. He can work through me while simultaneously working in me, becoming King and Master of the things in my life that I have not let Him reign over. I cannot think of a better thing today than to be a part of the kingdom of the King of kings and Lord of lords. "Father, have your way in me. Be King over my life. Reign in my heart, and reign in Bolivia. You deserve all glory, honor, and praise. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment